All the latest news and views from the CPSU team
CPSU Week in Review: Happy New Year!
What will 2017 bring for the public sector?
THE Tasmanian public sector is a strong union workplace and the Community & Public Sector Union is the union fighting for public services every day.
There are many challenges facing the public sector around under-funding and unmanageable workloads that erode services and the integrity of our sector.
As a Member-led union – we achieved a number of wins during the 2016 bargaining agreements.
WHAT WE’VE WON!
• No cuts to existing conditions;
• Significant improvements to Maternity Leave from 12 to 14 weeks, Partner Leave from 1 day to 1 week;
• Night Shift Loading from 15% to 22%;
• 10 days Compassionate Leave;
• Above CPI increases – 2% for most classifications but up to 2.8% for lower paid employees;
• Novated leases for all public sector employees;
• Commitments to address many of the big issues facing the public sector including workforce planning, progression through broad banding, phased-in retirement, arrangements for reclassification, youth recruitment and clarifying the rights of public sector workers as citizens.
Imagine what we could achieve with everyone on board.
Know someone who is interested in joining us? Click here to download a flyer and membership form.
Changes to CPSU Member subscription rates
Should you have any queries in relation to these changes, please contact Hazel Hughes on (03) 6234 1708.
Thumbs up … To our hard-working Members and Delegates who worked through the Christmas and New Year Period. We hope you get to enjoy a well-deserved break in the near future.
Thumbs down … To the Centrelink debt debacle. This is an agency in desperate need of proper resourcing, otherwise the general public will continue to suffer.