All the latest news and views from the CPSU team
State Voting Intentions August 2013
TODAY EMRS released the latest State Voting Intentions poll results for August 2013.
Respondents were asked which political party they would vote for and also who was their preferred Premier.
In August the polls showed that since May:
• Support for the Liberal Party dropped by 2 percentage points to 52%
• Support for Labour remained steady at 28%
• Support for the Greens increased by one percentage point to 15%
(*not including undecideds)
Preferred Premier from May to August 2013:
• Will Hodgman saw and increase of two percentage points, sitting at 48%
• Lara Giddings dropped seven percentage points to 18%.
• Nick McKim increased two percentage points to 12%
The results also showed that 21% of respondents preferred none of the three candidates.
Read more here.
The next EMRS State Voting Intentions poll is out in February 2014.