All the latest news and views from the CPSU team
Stay cool in the heat
THE heat is definitely on in Tasmania this week. These hot days can be difficult at work, particularly if you’re working outside. Find some tips below from the Australian Council of Trade Unions.
– Regularly drink cool water, 200mls every 15-20 minutes, without allowing yourself to become thirsty
– If possible avoid dehydrating fizzy and caffeinated drinks
– Wear sunscreen
– Wear clothing that’s loose, light coloured and made of natural fibres
– Take regular breaks in the shade
– Be mindful of your physical condition, and keep an eye on your co-workers too
– If you’re able to, schedule work for the coolest parts of the day and rotate workers through tasks that are particularly heat exposed.