All the latest news and views from the CPSU team
Parks: Removal of goodwill
N NOVEMBER 27 thousands of public sector workers across Tasmania made their voices heard. At more than 17 sites statewide CPSU Members overwhelmingly endorsed two resolutions.
Resolution One read:
Would you support a 12 month wage freeze IF the government guaranteed to commit all the savings to reducing the number of public sector jobs being cut and that it would implement any wage freeze through the Industrial Commission and not via the Crown Employees (Salaries) Bill?
Resolution Two read:
That unless the Hodgman government change their ways – accept Members’ pay freeze proposal and protect jobs, begin to consult with workers and their unions as required by law and stop treating public sector workers with contempt then public sector workers will withdraw their goodwill by working strictly in accordance with their Awards and Agreements.
Since these resolutions were passed and presented for the State Government’s consideration, there’s been no attempt by the government to meaningfully consult with its employees or the CPSU as their representative. Instead the government continues with its plan to cut jobs and slash the services that Tasmanians need. The union discussed this with your Delegates and together we developed the following actions.
Last Friday your CPSU sent DPIPWE correspondence (Read: Parks letter) indicating the following action will be taken with immediate effect:
- CPSU Members will start work at their place of employment at their designated start time
- CPSU Members will not answer Phones, attend meetings or respond to e-mail’s outside of their normal hours of work or whilst on a break unless on the fire duty roster
- CPSU Members will take all breaks in full without disruption
- CPSU Members will finish work at their place of employment at their designated finish time
- Unless in receipt of Higher Duties Allowance or More responsible Duties Allowance CPSU Members will not conduct any work outside of their Statement of Duties.
If you have any questions about this removal of goodwill please speak to your Workplace Delegate or contact Nick Duncombe on 6234 1708 or at firstname.lastname@example.org