All the latest news and views from the CPSU team
March 4 Your Rights: Hobart & Launceston join nationwide protest
YOUR CPSU asks you and your colleagues to join these Australian Unions events. Our rights at work are again under attack from big business and the Abbott and Hodgman governments.
The time to stand up and fight back is now.
Let’s rally together with thousands of our neighbours, workmates, friends and families at a national day of action on Wednesday, 4 March.
Nationwide Day of Action, with rallies held in cities around the country.
It’s about standing up for workers’ rights in the face of an attack the Federal Government is leading by:
• cutting wages, conditions and our rights at work,
• slashing Medicare and hiking up the cost to see a doctor,
• introducing $100,000 university degrees,
• cutting the ABC and our public services,
• cutting the pension and superannuation,
• implementing harsh changes to unemployment benefits, and
• cutting community services that support our most vulnerable.
12.30pm – Wednesday March 4, Franklin Square
8am – Wednesday March 4, meet at Prince’s Square March past the office of Federal Liberal Member for Bass Andrew Nikolic MP
Join the Facebook events & invite your friends
Launceston → http://tinyurl.com/nvh4nrp
Hobart → http://tinyurl.com/ohm3r3m
Change your social media profile to one of the following images (just right click and save to your computer):