All the latest news and views from the CPSU team
Survey: work and life
The ACTU Survey: Our Living Standards, Our Voice revealed some shocking statistics when it was released last week.
The peak body surveyed tens of thousands of Australians on a range of issues about work and their living conditions.
The results were anything but rosy.
Some key statistics were:
- 55% of 39,856 respondents strongly agreed or agreed that they felt worried about losing their job in the next few years.
- 58% of these respondents strongly disagreed or disagreed that they felt comfortable about speaking up about their rights at work.
- 64% of 36,024 respondents said they felt very worried about any new laws or proposals from the government inquiries to reduce rights at work.
- 92% of 33,234 respondents said they were worried about a growing number of ‘working poor’ like there is in America.
- 48% of 36,024 respondents said they were coping, when asked how they were managing their household income
Find out more here.