All the latest news and views from the CPSU team
Join rally, stand up for local jobs!
Where: Parliament Lawns, Hobart
When: Friday, 1pm
Who: Organised by Unions Tasmania
Join with other Tasmanian workers to:
Call on the Tasmanian Government to introduce laws to ensure a percentage of all content and jobs on major projects are Tasmanian.
Tell Tony Abbott to rip up his Aussie job destroying trade deal with China.
– The major Government sponsored Parliament Square redevelopment project will bring in mainland plasterers and overseas glass to Tasmania, even though all work can be done by locals.
– The Government owned Spirit of Tasmania is employing over 100 overseas workers for the vessels refurbishments – that’s 44% of the workforce and it’s excluding locals from jobs.
– An Australian crew was sacked and replaced by overseas workers on the Alexander Spirit.
The Abbott Government has signed a Trade Agreement with China – it’s a disaster for Australian jobs:
– Chinese companies who invest $150 million or more will be able to bring their own workforces to Australia without having to offer jobs to Australian citizens and residents first.
– These companies do not have to meet the same labour and environment standards as Australian companies – undercutting our jobs and conditions.
If you’re able to, please come along and join the rally.
Can’t make it? If you know people who live and work in Hobart, why not spread the news?
You can also join the event on Facebook here.