All the latest news and views from the CPSU team
Child Protection: resources after Members’ campaign
THANKS to the hard work of CPSU Child Protection Members over many years we’re finally seeing some additional and much needed resources put into CYS.
Last week Minister Petrusma released the Strong Families – Safe Kids Implementation plan. It’s new money and the jobs it creates are additional jobs. It means:
Child Protection Advice and Referral Service
Total expenditure $900k per year. • $300k to employ three senior practice consultants to support decision making;
• $160k to employ two unit coordinators to provide administrative support;
• $275k to employ three FTE CP workers to run an after-hours advice and referral service
• $165k to employ two aboriginal liaison officers
Hospital Liaison Officers
• $180k to employ two additional CP liaison officers in hospitals in North and North-West.
Total expenditure of $1,750,000 per year.
• $750k to employ seven senior practice consultants to support decision making;
• $330k to employ four unit coordinators to provide administrative support; • $290k to employ five support workers to support case management; and
• $380k to employ four staff to support IT training and workforce development.
There’s also $210k per year to provide psychological support to improve staff wellbeing and $140k to improve information technology including CPIS and the KIDZ data warehouse.
This is excellent news that will help not only hardworking Child Protection staff and the families they support and young people they protect every day.