All the latest news and views from the CPSU team
Nominations now open for 2020 Branch Elections
The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) has opened nominations for members interested in standing for offices in the 2020 CPSU Tasmanian Branch elections and will close nominations at 12 noon on Monday 7 December 2020. The election would normally have been conducted earlier in the year but has been delayed because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
A copy of the official Election Notice that includes details of the Offices for election, when nominations open and close and how nominations can be made can be accessed and a nominations form can be accessed below.
All Officer and Councillor positions are up for election. Financial members of the Branch are eligible to stand for any of the following offices:
- Vice Presidents (2)
- Assistant Secretary
- Executive Councillors (3)
Financial members of each electorate are also eligible to stand as a Councillor in their electorate. The number of Councillors in each electorate is based on the number of members in the electorate as follows:
- Electorate 1 – Healing and caring (2 Councillors)
- Electorate 2 – Educating our People (3 Councillors)
- Electorate 3 – Protecting our Environment and industries (2 Councillors)
- Electorate 4 – Delivering Justice and Safety (3 Councillors)
- Electorate 5 – Planning for our Future (2 Councillors)
- Electorate 6 – Outside our State Service (1 Councillor)
To find out which electorate you are assigned see below.
The AEC Returning Officer for this election is Noopur Madan who can be contacted at 02 9375 6321 or by email at IEBevents@aec.gov.au