Unfortunately, COVID has become a focus point again in the DoE and your union met with the Department and other unions in the interests of protecting union members and having fair, reasonable and clear determinations about the now delayed, return to work of 50 unvaccinated DOE employees.
Arising from recent meetings and communications with CPSU and DoE:
- Unvaccinated workers will not be returning to work at this stage this term.
- In response to union pressure, DOE will now undertake consultation before any further determinations are made about the return to work of unvaccinated DOE employees.
- Consultation with all staff and relevant unions opened on Wednesday 20 July for a period of two weeks. All employees should have now received an email to provide feedback.
- This feedback will then be considered, and fresh determinations made for the 50 affected employees.
- However, unions are now writing to DOE with their very serious and valid concerns around the email sent to employees, and its content, which unions consider misleading.
Your union will keep you updated and informed about this important issue and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.